Become a member of SMLA
The SMLA finances itself mainly thourgh the contributions of its members as well as through donations or contributions of all kind.
The majority of the money collected is used to finance the membership fee of SMLA (and with it the Swiss market) in the CMI. This way our access to this forum for the harmonization of the international maritime law can be upheld.
As the function and the work of the SMLA is of paramount importance for Switzerland and the Swiss economy, which is active in one or other way in the field of maritime activities, the SMLA welcomes not only individual members but also company and federation members, which perform an active effort for the improvement and the cultivation of the legal regulation in the field of the international maritime activities.
The membership is open to all individuals and entities, organizations and public agencies and bodies, which have an interest in reaching the goals of the SMLA.
The members of SMLA profit from the following benefits:
- Regular information on the recent developments in international and national maritime law
- Cooperation in wide-ranging projects and the possibility to influence them by direct input
- Access to events of the SMLA and to its working groups
- Access to events of the CMI and to its working groups
- Access to the network of maritime law experts in Switzerland (and abroad trough CMI)
The SMLA looks for members with an interest in the promotion of the development of Swiss and international maritime law for professional or private reasons. As individual member you can participate directly and actively in the SMLA.
Annual fee CHF 90.00